So which sort of person buys a boat and what is important to most buyers? We’re not in the habit of ‘throwing darts’ when selling boats. We always assess exactly what a buyer’s looking for so we can best assist them in their search and purchase. As a result, a few interesting facts came to our attention this week – all taken from our data base: –
• 90% of buyers are over the age of 50
• catamarans are becoming a lot more popular
• an increase in buyers wanting a 2 cabin boat (boaties now rarely use 3 cabins and would prefer a convertible berth instead, when needed)
• an increase in a number of buyers wanting a bow thruster – even on smaller boats
• more buyers asking about access to flybridge – they don’t want a ladder; they want stairs.
• sedan (non-flybridge) models are becoming more popular
• more buyers than ever ask about fuel-consumption
• buyers do more internet ‘homework’ than ever prior to contacting a broker
Yachtfinders Global can provide boats with all these requirements. So what would your ‘must-have’ list be? Food for thought….